Black Events & Advertising, Inc.
Attn: Kari Black/Emily Sorenson
3313 S Western Ave
Sioux Falls, SD 57105
605-332-6000 * Emily@blackincevents.com
~ Non-paying internship, with opportunity for part or full-time employment.
Black Events & Advertising is seeking applicants for a graphic design intern that can offer skills, creativity and positive energy to our company, with a think-outside-the-box attitude. Our events & advertising products include: Benson’s Flea Market, GonnaGetWed.com, Sioux Empire Arts & Crafts Show, Gift-Tacular, GonnaGetWed Bridal Showcase, & the VOW Wedding Planner book. In addition we service multiple advertising agency clients, as well as a full service design & print agency specializing in print materials for local small business owners.
- Intern will work closely with the design team, event staff and Sales Team to help conceptualize ideas and create various print materials, logo designs and advertisements for both print and web.
- Will work with local and national print vendors on requesting bids, and getting them to clients.
- Will work with many local businesses to gather needed information, photos and artwork to complete projects. Will include editing if necessary.
- Research latest trends and participate in creative brainstorming and concept development.
- Possible opportunities to create PowerPoint presentations and website design elements.
- Work to maintain and update websites graphics & content.
- Various paperwork such as making copies of applications for various shows and stuffing, stamping, labeling and mailing may be done.
- Answer incoming calls when needed.
- Participate in day to day office duties and as needed with events.
Must be knowledgeable in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator) on a Macintosh platform. Knowledge of various file formats and have a knowledge of print production process. Photography, photo editing/manipulation skills and freehand illustrating skills are also valuable.
The ideal candidate will be positive, highly motivated, organized, work quickly, can multi-task efficiently and enthusiastic about working with a growing company. Must be able to take direction, work independently and be able to prioritize multiple tasks and complete tasks within reasonable and agreed-upon timeframes. This work requires attention to detail and a strong eye for quality. Excellent grammar and editing skills are needed.
Hours are flexible around your schedule. This is unpaid, but for the right candidate this could lead into a part or full-time position.
If interested, please send resume, cover letter and a PDF with portfolio samples to firstname.lastname@example.org or provide a link if you have an online portfolio.