We are expanding our digital project management team — and, we’re looking for someone who can effectively manage projects from the beginning all the way into ongoing support. Our goal is to fill this position with someone who has experience in the digital space and polished communication skills, both written and verbal.
This person will act as the conduit between our clients and our internal teams by managing communication, scope, budget, time, and team dynamics and personalities, all while adhering to Blend’s core values. This individual must have the ability to “sound the alarm” and ask for help but also have the ability to work autonomously and independently.
- Manage the production of content-managed websites and applications
- Accurately track and communicate project status (including progress, budget, dependencies, etc.) to client and internal team
- Clarify requirements, explain complex ideas clearly, and manage expectations
- Proactively identify and manage project risks and clearly communicate project issues and solutions-oriented resolution to the client and internal team
- Define and manage project approach, scope, deliverables, schedule, resource needs, and budget
- Drive projects to completion within scope, budget, and timeframe, while keeping them on track through clear task lists, issue tracking, status reports, and meeting notes
- Lead efficient meetings and conference calls
- Partner with the team to serve as the main client interface during project execution
- Learn the primary CMS platforms that Blend works with in order to gain the ability to assist, train and answer client questions that arise
- Work with the quality assurance manager to ensure the quality assurance process
- Report on your projects’ status and provide post-project analysis write-ups to leadership on a regular basis
- Assist the quality assurance phase by triaging, testing and reporting on tickets and ensuring process is followed
- Other duties as assigned
The person we hire for this position must have:
- At least 3+ years experience in a project management role, preferably at a digital agency, design firm or creative agency
- An understanding of how technical, creative, media and strategy teams interact on a project
- Superior client-facing skills, including both verbal and written communication
- Expert organizational skills with extreme attention to detail
- Expertise in modern web technologies and nomenclature, including content management systems (CMS)
- Familiarity with agile project management and/or scrum
- Proficiency with at least one of the following project management tools: Basecamp, Trello, Jira, Asana, Redmine, MS Project
Blend believes that our clients deserve our honesty and integrity, and that our office culture should reflect those values. We believe in four core values: passion, advocacy, progress, and integrity.
Within the role of project manager, you will often be the face of Blend Interactive for our clients, and with this comes a reflection of our core beliefs. Progress in continuously furthering your knowledge base. Integrity in being honest with a project’s progress and stumbling points. Advocacy in providing the right answers — even if they’re hard — instead of the easy answers. Passion for leading projects through completion.
The successful candidate will be able to align with these core values, and in doing so our clients and projects will benefit.
- Competitive salary (based on experience)
- A formal profit sharing plan, paid quarterly and based on company profits
- Group health insurance offered through United Healthcare
- Simple IRA Plan with employer match
- Long-term disability insurance
- Three weeks paid time off
- Paid maternity & paternity leave
- 11 1⁄2 paid company holidays
- An employer-provided laptop for work and home use
- Tuition reimbursement for approved classes
- Fantastic work environment
- Employer-provided parking
To view our office and learn a little more about our culture at Blend, visit our Flickr Photostream. To apply send your resume to email@example.com.