Buena Vista University has an opening for a Creative Director in Storm Lake, Iowa. The director reports directly to the Chief Marketing Officer and will work closely with constituents across the university to manage the visual expression of the university brand, working at times under tight timelines. The director must be an excellent communicator, with strong visual design skills, who can lead the design team.
This position will ensure the proper visual integration of the BVU brand across the university, and in all channels, including visual design for websites, social media, digital signage, printed materials, and all other marketing and communications materials. This position will create, manage, and catalog all photography and digital assets needed for the university.
- Ensure the proper visual integration of the BVU brand across the university, and in all channels, including visual design for websites, social media, digital signage, app, printed materials, and all other marketing and communications materials, etc.
- Support the development and management of the BVU content strategy so that it supports university goals.
- Create visually appealing, branded, and response-oriented designs for all projects.
- Lead the design of BV Today alumni magazine, and the monthly alumni eNewsletter.
- Work directly with the SID and Athletics on the design of Athletics brochures, posters, etc. so they are consistently branded.
- Manage and monitor the successful visual expression the BVU brand across campus, ensuring the environmental design for buildings/spaces across campus are in brand.
- Identify, create, manage, and catalog all photography and digital assets needed for the university, and engage outside photographers when needed.
- Manage relationships with printers, and ensure strong SLAs are in place to maximize UMC standards and timelines.
- Lead the design team.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required. Advanced degree preferred.
- Five to eight years of design experience in marketing and/or communications setting.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Experience creating impactful designs for publications, advertising, direct marketing, and marketing collateral.
- Thorough understanding and experience with Adobe Creative Suite are essential.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects, deadlines, and priorities required.
BVU Benefit Highlights
- Market competitive salaries
- Excellent health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance options
- Employer contribution into retirement plan
- Generous paid vacation
- Undergraduate degree tuition grant and tuition exchange opportunities for employees and dependents
- Master’s Degree tuition grant for employees
A background check will be conducted on the final candidate.