The South Dakota Advertising Federation (SDAF) is seeking to hire a part-time Executive Director for the Sioux Falls-based chapter of the American Advertising Federation (AAF) – an organization that fosters professional development and networking for the marketing, communication, and advertising industry
With this role, the South Dakota Advertising Federation is looking for the executive director to be the professional liaison between the board of directors and club membership. Duties include, but are not limited to, club leadership, operations and planning, financial development/management, community relations, assistance to all volunteer board members, and presence at all club programming/events.
Foster positive, lasting relationships with SDAF members and stakeholders.
- Through those relationships, secure annual creative sponsors for the American Advertising Awards (ADDYs) and the monthly program series, recruit motivated board members, retain annual memberships and continually identify opportunities to upsell membership levels and increase overall attendance at events.
- Assist in long-term planning, visioning, and succession in an organization that sees new board members year over year; identify successful board members to recommend being on the executive committee.
- The Executive Director is an important outward-facing individual for SDAF. This person is an advocate for the national organization, the local club, and for volunteer board members and sponsors.
Contribute to the financial success and growth of our organization.
- This initiative is integral to club success and growth. Club development is the primary responsibility of the Executive Director and his or her pay structure will tie to specific fundraising goals established by the executive committee. These goals will be evaluated on an annual basis.
- Create and support a standard club sponsorship package to be offered annually.
- With the guidance and support of the executive committee, the Executive Director should work to maintain a healthy financial portfolio including, but not limited to: managing a budget, club operation expenses, and our club reserves.
Report to and assist the volunteer working board.
- The Executive Director is responsible for working with our volunteer board of directors and committees.
- In this relationship, the Executive Director will provide direction, support, inspiration, and motivation to the working committees to ensure successful SDAF events and programming in adherence to the goals and objectives outlined by the president and executive committee.
- The Executive Director is aware of all activity happening within the organization and is a key player in event planning and organization.
Perform administrative duties, as necessary.
- Prepare financial reports; schedule and organize board meetings; budgeting; membership email communication; event registrations; ADDY Award coordination, and admin support to committees (i.e. purchasing, catering, contract maintenance, etc.)
- Have an understanding and working knowledge of the marketing, communication, and creative arts industry.
- Strong leadership, communication, and organizational skills.
- Ability to identify strengths and weaknesses in people and inspire/motivate volunteers.
- Must consider yourself a people-person who enjoys meeting new people and representing the club in group settings.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office, social media, WordPress, project management software, and event registration software.
- Non-profit management and development a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred.
- This is a contracted, flexible, part-time position (20-25 hours/week), varying through the programming year.
- Salaried position with incentivized development goals.
- Must be available to travel to AAF district meetings and national conferences.
The South Dakota Advertising Federation is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to the SDAF Board President, Sawyer Vanden Heuvel, at firstname.lastname@example.org by October 1, 2018.