At First National Bank, we do things differently. With an infectious culture, a 130-year commitment to our communities, and a foundation built on our FIRST Values, we pride ourselves on being more than just a bank.
Our culture is driven by integrity, service, and strong values; nothing has shaped it more than our FIRST Values (Family, Innovation/Independence, Relationships, Stewardship, and Teamwork). We are relationship focused and aim to make our customers lives easier and better. Our employees care deeply about our customers, each other, and our communities.
Come join us!
Position: Content Strategist/Copywriter
Work Schedule: Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Set the tone and be the voice of The First National Bank in Sioux Falls. Transform strategy, creativity, and enthusiasm into articulate and well developed content while maintaining an awareness of the latest marketing trends and innovations.
- Work collaboratively with each business unit to develop content in support of their marketing strategies and implement across the relevant channels, including blog posts, ads, newsletters, articles, press releases, letters, etc. Write clear, compelling, action-oriented copy to drive engagement. Edit and provide feedback on documents that are submitted by Bank employees, ensuring content has a consistent voice, style, and tone. Exhibit a strong ability to collaborate and inspire.
- Partner with Employee Development (Training) department to develop scripts, talking points, and reference guides to ensure all employees can accurately and confidently sell our products and services.
- Coordinate contact with the press including setting up interviews or meetings and being a back up when the Marketing Manager is not available.
Assist with daily work, coordinating events, and launching new products and services. Provide backup for Marketing teammates as needed.
Conveying information and ideas clearly and concisely to individuals or groups in an engaging manner that helps them understand and retain the message; listening actively to others.
- Quality Orientation
Accomplishing tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how detailed; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time.
- Planning and Organizing
Establishing an action plan for self and others to complete work efficiently and on time by setting priorities, establishing timelines, and leveraging resources.
- Technology Savvy
Leveraging one’s practical knowledge and understanding of recent technology tools, solutions, and trends to improve work results, solve work problems, and take advantage of new opportunities.
- Bachelor’s degree in English or related field or five years of marketing or communication experience preferred.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision. Self motivated.
- Ability to visualize, write, and communicate concepts.
- Possess knowledge of Microsoft Office programs and be able to learn job-related software.
- Problem-solving, decision-making, analytical, and critical-thinking skills.
The First National Bank in Sioux Falls is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.