Agency seeks experienced Media Director who is energetic, organized and detail-oriented. Must possess a working knowledge of ratings and research information, with strong math, negotiation and placement skills. . Experience in Smartplus software a plus. Must have strong communication and time-management skills.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works directly with Management, Account Executives and clients to develop media plans for multiple clients and markets consisting of television, radio, print, direct mail, outdoor, yellow pages and some digital.
- Negotiates with media sales reps to obtain the best rates to optimize the client’s annual media budgets.
- Develops professional relationships with media advertising representatives.
- Completes placement of buys using Nielsen figures and Smartplus software.
- Negotiates contracts with newspapers in multiple markets as needed.
- Updates and maintains budget sheets to record media used, such as newspaper, TV, Cable, Radio, Magazines, and expenses.
- Researches and maintains record of various media in each market
- Handles all media billing/auditing and monitors media for placement and time discrepancies and negotiates credit or billing adjustments when necessary.
- Handles all media traffic and monitors media/production deadlines
- Handles some public relation duties
- Other duties may be assigned.
- This position requires a minimum of two years of media planning and buying experience.
- Must possess strong math, negotiation and placement skills.
- A working knowledge of ratings and research information.
- Intermediate level computer experience, including skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and other media software, is required.
- Knowledge of Smartplus is helpful.
- This position also requires excellent communication, organizational, customer service and problem solving skills.
- Must have the ability to work efficiently under pressure, accurately meet deadlines, present a professional demeanor and perform well in a team environment.
This is a full-time position. Minimum 2 years experience required. Salary DOE + benefits. Qualified applicants should submit cover letter, resume to email@example.com.