Responsible for collaborating across the organization with subject matter experts, executive leadership, sales, field and compliance representatives to write effective and impactful marketing communications content, campaigns, and sales-oriented tactics. Main focus on researching and writing content for electronic marketing pieces, video scripts, sales concepts, news releases, field communications and social media. Additional expectations include management of marketing projects and collaboration with campaign specialists, graphic designers, production coordinators, e-marketers, and a wide variety of subject matter experts while meeting and exceeding stringent deadlines.
- Collaborate across the organization with subject matter experts, executive leadership, sales, field and compliance representatives to create effective marketing communication content and campaigns and sales-oriented tactics; focus on research, writing, editing and acquiring approvals on print and electronic marketing pieces, video scripts, sales concepts, news releases, public relations projects, field communications and social media content; strong project management and attention to details and deadlines is essential.
- Develop high impact marketing copy while taking into consideration the intended audience and media, and best practices in writing for print, electronic, video, web and social media; interpret and incorporate, as appropriate, recommendations of various business unit and compliance representatives as part of the review and approval process.
- Ability to manage select marketing projects from inception to execution. Partner with campaign specialists to monitor campaign or project results and metrics and ensure campaign is within promotional calendar guidelines.
- Identify opportunities for repurposing, restructuring, or revising existing content and materials.
- Partner with campaign specialists and creative design team to create and execute marketing communications plans that focus on the organization’s sales goals, initiatives and specific distribution channel; collaborate with other departments in the development of content and marketing materials, including theme, content, and image recommendations.
- Coordinate and manage marketing communications project through an electronic project management system to assign work flows, record comments and approvals, and assign tasks in order to meet strict deadlines. Suggest improvements to processes that will enable greater efficiencies.
- Provide promotional support for sales meetings and trade shows through the development of presentation and on-site materials.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Advertising, English, Public Relations, Communications, Journalism, or equivalent business experience
- Minimum of 3 years related experience in Marketing Communications
- Outstanding copywriting/editing skills and comfortable contributing to a creative and collaborative work environment
- Confident and experienced with writing and managing marketing campaign projects
- Demonstrated high degree of initiative and accountability, while having strong organizational skills and high level of detail-orientation
- Ability to learn quickly and be proactive in planning and problem solving
- Excellent verbal and oral communication skills and the ability to communicate in writing both technical data and promotional materials
- Knowledge of and ability to execute best practices in writing for print, e-marketing, video, web and social media
- Knowledge of Associated Press (AP) and American Psychological Association (APA) styles
- Knowledge and ability to understand and interpret organizational information, including highly technical terminology relating to life insurance products
- Working knowledge of computer operating systems, including Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access and major social media platforms such as LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook
- Knowledge of an integrated marketing platform, like Eloqua and an Interactive Content Creation platform, like Ion Interactive a plus
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines, as well as, change work practices and priorities in response to changing conditions